Some of the great home decor designs that are in trend these days could include a home interior filled with parochial furniture and small rustic souvenirs on a background shelf and hanging from the ceiling. These rustic pieces are great examples of some of the best furnishings and decor. They are finely crafted; most notched for added decoration and have perfect twig fills.
Rustic home decor is so 'in' these days. Whether one lives in the country or in the city, there's no stopping one from having beautiful rustic furnishings and decor. Whatever a homeowner's dream of a parochial look, one is sure to find something in the parochial collection. Some of the wonderful choices for rustic furnishing sets include the following do-it-yourself project.
- Rustic headboard. It provides a pretty country look. One could create a parochial headboard from an old barn door. The project could be done using only any material such as pallet boards and old barn wood.
- Pallet shelves. Old pallets are quite easy to come by and are really affordable. The great thing about them is one could do so much. It only requires three hours working per shelf and a few supplies and they could be stained in whatever color one prefers to match the existing home decor.
- Rustic photo frames. Old photo frames made of wood can be transformed into a beautiful provincial decor with little work. A burlap could be used for the matting and then add black and white pictures, cardboard monogram cutouts or whatever one wants. Moreover, one could also add small satin ribbons to decorate the frames a bit.
- Cabinet handles wrapped in twine. Twine is inexpensive and there are a lot of things to do with it. Updating cabinets is easy simply by wrapping the handles in twine. It gives the kitchen a beautiful parochial look and is one of the easiest projects to do. It only requires twine, paint and glue and in no time, one could have great Anthropology-inspired cabinet pulls.
- Wood pallet bench. An unused wood pallet could be crafted into a bench. The bench would look fabulous on the deck or inside the door or wherever one puts it. After putting it all together, it could be sanded and stained in whatever color one deems. There is a beautiful bench that cost very little in no time at all.
- Rustic coffee table. It requires only a few slats of wood and they need not be the same color or shade. They could be put together to create a beautiful coffee table. It only needs patterning the pieces and sticking them together with small nails and wood glue. Add legs of some sort for an expensive looking table that is considerably cheaper than it looks.