The rustic style is a popular interior design that particularly suits people who want handmade, unique furniture pieces and accessories. Typically, the style is romantic, charming and definitely possesses a vintage charm. It draws people who appreciate traditional values and are into high quality furniture, including living room furniture. For the most part, rustic living room style is all about rugged beauty and sophistication. Various organic materials are used in crafting rustic furnishings and decorative elements. Above all, the style looks 'lived in', inviting and unpretentious. It makes family and friends feel warmly welcomed to the home, with touches of the great outdoors.
By choosing the right kind of rustic living room furniture, one could never go wrong. The style is irreplaceable in comparison to other styles. It is natural, rugged and simplistic. Rustic furniture pieces offer a chance to integrate more organic feel to the home, to bring natural elegance into it. When it comes to furniture, wooden piece often are key in the overall design. It is common to see bare wood furnishings or reclaimed wood furnishings even in homes that strive for a rustic theme. Most furniture items looks as if they might belong in a forest cottage or a log cabin. Usually, they are huge in scale. Halved logs could be used to create seating. On the other hand, upholstered pieces are more earth-toned and subdued, but still hold a great amount of visual weight.
Rustic pieces could be the best choice for people to arrange their living space. The furnishings are of the best quality and could stand longer than other styles. Get back to the basics in the living room pattern without sacrificing style or beauty with rustic furnishings. In a lot of respects, the design offers an opportunity to incorporate a more organic feel to the living space and the home as a whole.
To achieve a truly parochial look to the living area, consider a list of do's and don'ts
- Majority of the decorating elements must look older or worn. Consider giving a brand new piece some artificial wear for a rustic feel and look. For instance, try applying crackle paint to a new wood table or paint a treatment for parochial charm.
- Rustic evokes raw elegance and simplicity. There should be no chic draperies or fussy fabrics around. A room that has integrated the design usually will not have any faux fabrics, frills or metal embellishments unless they are rusted.
- Consider natural fibers, like linen or cotton, for the draperies in the home. Steer clear of heavy materials like a damask.
- The design elements should look rugged and rough. Consider braided rugs on the living room floor and boldly patterned throw pillows on the couch.
- The design features neutral shades, like pale grays and creams. If one prefers brighter colors, limit them to just a single accent wall in the room or a carefully chosen decoration piece.
- Go for reclaimed wood that appear vintage and worn. This is not only great to complete the parochial design but is also great for the environment.